Unfortunately, under Michigan law, undocumented immigrants are ineligible to apply for and receive a Michigan driver’s license, as Michigan law requires proof of U.S. citizenship or “legal presence” in the United States in order to obtain one. The immigration process is a long one which, more often than not, can take years to conclude, leaving…Read More
The current protocol for treatment in American immigrant detention centers takes a toll on people’s lives and mental health. Women, in particular, are often exposed to sexual harassment and exploitation, and there are also many instances of suicide among women in such physically and emotionally trying circumstances. Detaining children and family detention in general has…Read More
- DHS Announces Registration Process for Temporary Protected Status for Ukraine and Sudan
- George P. Mann & Associates Files Complaint with United Nations
- Democratic Congress Members Introduce Family Unity Act to Protect Immigrant Families
- TPS Extension for Haitians: What it Could Mean for You
- Carlos Velazquez Becomes a U.S. Citizen!