Cadillac Square was home to the Detroit farmers market (1841-1891). By 1880, significant numbers of Italian & Polish immigrants were moving to the rapidly growing city. Photo: UM School of Public Health Detroit has long been a destination for immigrants. Decades before the economic decay, the 2013 bankruptcy, and even prior to French colonization, various…Read More
The current protocol for treatment in American immigrant detention centers takes a toll on people’s lives and mental health. Women, in particular, are often exposed to sexual harassment and exploitation, and there are also many instances of suicide among women in such physically and emotionally trying circumstances. Detaining children and family detention in general has…Read More
ICE Special Agents (U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement) arresting suspects during a raid. Photo Courtesy of ICE. In a recent press release, Department of Homeland Security Secretary Jeh Johnson said that detention policies will be eased when it comes to families with children. After visiting numerous “family residential centers,” DHS concluded that once a family…Read More
- DHS Announces Registration Process for Temporary Protected Status for Ukraine and Sudan
- George P. Mann & Associates Files Complaint with United Nations
- Democratic Congress Members Introduce Family Unity Act to Protect Immigrant Families
- TPS Extension for Haitians: What it Could Mean for You
- Carlos Velazquez Becomes a U.S. Citizen!