Yesterday, Congress members Rashida Tlaib (MI-13), Raúl Grijalva (AZ-03), and Henry C. “Hank” Johnson, Jr. (GA-04) introduced the Family Unity Act to protect immigrant families by ensuring due process in certain immigration removal proceedings. According to a press release from Tlaib’s office, the bill would “make a technical fix to the Immigration and Nationality Act…Read More
We couldn’t be prouder of our Head of Litigation and Appeals, Maris Liss! Yesterday, she had wonderful time talking to about 450 new federal court litigators at the annual conference of the American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA) conducted via Zoom. Among other things, Maris trained attorneys on how to get immigrants out of detention and…Read More
Our very own Attorney Maris J. Liss presented on an informative panel at the American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA) Annual National Conference in June, 2016. Maris was joined by Jorgelina E. Araneda from Raleigh, NC, who was the discussion leader, and Joseph Reina from Dallas, TX. The topic was Naturalization Cases in Federal Court discussed the…Read More
- DHS Announces Registration Process for Temporary Protected Status for Ukraine and Sudan
- George P. Mann & Associates Files Complaint with United Nations
- Democratic Congress Members Introduce Family Unity Act to Protect Immigrant Families
- TPS Extension for Haitians: What it Could Mean for You
- Carlos Velazquez Becomes a U.S. Citizen!