We couldn’t be prouder of our Head of Litigation and Appeals, Maris Liss! Yesterday, she had wonderful time talking to about 450 new federal court litigators at the annual conference of the American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA) conducted via Zoom. Among other things, Maris trained attorneys on how to get immigrants out of detention and how to use federal courts to make the immigration agencies do their jobs. She was also pleased to speak alongside expert 4th circuit litigator Tamara Jezic, FOIA expert Michael Gahagan, and litigation guru Mark Stevens.
- TPS Extension for Haitians: What it Could Mean for You
- Carlos Velazquez Becomes a U.S. Citizen!
- The Supreme Court Niz-Chavez Decision: What it Might Mean for You
- Gone! The I-944 and the August 2019 Public Charge Rule
- Holocaust Remembrance Day and Why it Must Serve as a Lesson for our Immigration Policies