Yesterday, Congress members Rashida Tlaib (MI-13), Raúl Grijalva (AZ-03), and Henry C. “Hank” Johnson, Jr. (GA-04) introduced the Family Unity Act to protect immigrant families by ensuring due process in certain immigration removal proceedings. According to a press release from Tlaib’s office, the bill would “make a technical fix to the Immigration and Nationality Act…Read More
Yesterday, more than one hundred women were arrested near Capitol Hill in Washington, D.C. while protesting the recent announcement by the House of Representatives that comprehensive immigration reform is not likely to be taken up this fall. After a summer of agitation, protests, public advocacy, and much activism, the picture remains gloomy. Among those arrested…Read More
- DHS Announces Registration Process for Temporary Protected Status for Ukraine and Sudan
- George P. Mann & Associates Files Complaint with United Nations
- Democratic Congress Members Introduce Family Unity Act to Protect Immigrant Families
- TPS Extension for Haitians: What it Could Mean for You
- Carlos Velazquez Becomes a U.S. Citizen!