The United States has always touted itself as a nation of immigrants, and it should, as its long, storied history of newcomers has helped to construct the complex mosaic of identities that is the true foundation of the American spirit. As with any facet of a national identity that is unique or potentially politically useful,…Read More
Those writing to condemn Donald Trump and his comments about blocking Muslims from entering the United States do so with a degree of self-loathing, as it helps to satisfy the media glutton’s unquenchable thirst for attention. However, as Trump’s comments continue to escalate and as his supporters continue to double down on endorsements, it has…Read More
A Syrian migrant carries a child as she walks along a railway track after crossing into Hungary from the border with Serbia, 29 Aug 2015. Photo courtesy of Reuters/Bernadett Szabo Media coverage in the past week has been a cascade of reactions to the horrific Islamic State (IS) attacks in Paris. The acts of terror,…Read More
- DHS Announces Registration Process for Temporary Protected Status for Ukraine and Sudan
- George P. Mann & Associates Files Complaint with United Nations
- Democratic Congress Members Introduce Family Unity Act to Protect Immigrant Families
- TPS Extension for Haitians: What it Could Mean for You
- Carlos Velazquez Becomes a U.S. Citizen!