Employment Based Non-Immigrant Visas

There are a multitude of ways you may work in the United States if you are not a citizen or permanent resident. These include:

E-3 Certain “specialty occupation” professionals from Australia


H-1B Workers in a specialty occupation
H-1B1 Workers in a specialty occupation from Chile and Singapore
H-1B2 Specialty occupations related to Department of Defense Cooperative Research and Development projects or Co-production projects
H-1B3 Fashion models of distinguished merit and ability
H-1C Registered nurses working in a health professional shortage area
H-2A Temporary or seasonal agricultural workers
H-2B Temporary non-agricultural workers
H-3 Trainees other than medical or academic (this classification also applies to practical training in the education of handicapped children)


I Representatives of foreign press, radio, film or other foreign information media

L-1A Intra-company transferees in managerial or executive positions
L-1B Intra-company transferees in positions utilizing specialized knowledge

O Persons with extraordinary ability in sciences, arts, education, business, or athletics and motion picture or TV production

P-1A Internationally recognized athletes
P-1B Members of an internationally recognized entertainment group
P-2 Individual performer or part of a group entering to perform under a reciprocal exchange program
P-3 Artists or entertainers, either an individual or group, to perform, teach, or coach under a program that is culturally unique

Q Persons participating in an international cultural exchange program for the purpose of providing practical training, employment, and to share the history, culture, and traditions of the alien’s home country

TN Visas
TN Canadian and Mexican Professionals (NAFTA)