Although Attorney Maris Liss is not an immigrant herself like the rest of our attorneys, her experience with immigration law started at a very young age. Beginning at age 16, Maris was placed in an immigration law office in New York City as part of a work-study program in high school. For $3.35 per hour,…Read More
Albert Valk came to the United States from Riga, Latvia in 1989 with the intention of continuing an engineering career. His first job was at a chemical recycling plant in Detroit, but after ten years of living and working in the U.S. — and a few unpleasant experiences with American lawyers — Albert decided that…Read More
Oana Marina (née Lucescu), our second featured attorney in our profile series, immigrated to the U.S. from Romania in 2002. Since joining the team at George P. Mann & Associates in 2011, Oana has handled a plethora of diverse cases and legal matters, including challenging USCIS cases and writing briefs for the Board of Immigration…Read More
- TPS Extension for Haitians: What it Could Mean for You
- Carlos Velazquez Becomes a U.S. Citizen!
- The Supreme Court Niz-Chavez Decision: What it Might Mean for You
- Gone! The I-944 and the August 2019 Public Charge Rule
- Holocaust Remembrance Day and Why it Must Serve as a Lesson for our Immigration Policies